I came across this great new program for young buyers in Old Montreal, specifically for students (and their parents) wanting to purchase a condo with low downpayment. Développements McGill created a new Family Investment Program that offers a fantastic purchase options. Here are the details:
“We have formed an partnership with the Royal Bank (RBC) to enable families with children aged over 18 studying or working in Montreal to enrich their family assets by buying a new condo in a booming neighbourhood with one of the highest value appreciation rates on the Island of Montreal,” said Stéphane Côté, President of DevMcGill.
The partnership lets DevMcGill offer first-time buyers very advantageous terms, including:
- joint mortgage application by parents and children, if desired, making it easier to get a pre-approved loan;
- the child’s name only on the property deed, qualifying the condo as a principal residence and exempting it from capital gains tax when it is resold;
- very modest down payment (starting at 5% of the selling price);
- guaranteed interest rate until construction is completed to shelter the buyer against any rate increases;
- $1,000 rebate on notary’s fees when the transaction closes.
For more information on the Family Investment Program and the M9-3 project, visit the sales gallery at 800 Wellington St. in Montreal or the DevMcGill.com site.
About Développements McGill: For 10 years, Développements McGill has been building intelligent living spaces for tomorrow. Its award-winning projects, including Le Couvent Outremont at the base of Mount Royal, Le Caverhill, Le 777 and Le Orléans in Old Montreal, and Square Benny in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, speak to the imagination.