Another video posted on the Montreal Real Estate Board about blogging as a marketing tool. While the first video talked about social media and web 2.0 in general, this one tackles the do’s and don’ts of blogging.
Here is the scoop:
- Don’t expect any results for the first 6 to 9 months. [getting high traffic, readers, or potential clients]
- You have to be a reasonably good writer. [gulp!]
- Information you could offer as a blogger: local market, national trends, international real estate news and realtor gossip (Uh?) [I strongly suggest you stay away from this one unless, of course, your source of info is solid.]
- How often you should update: Preferably once or twice a day. Minimum three times a week. If you cannot do the minimum, don’t even bother.- [We’re doing a little more than the minimum here, so we’re not so bad.]
- Length of articles: you don’t have to write a novel on each entry, a few lines of words will suffice. [I’m taking the hint as well]
Opinions, rants and comments are welcome!